I thought I knew pizza. And then along comes Revolutionary Pizza by Dimitri Syrkin-Kikolau, who owns two Dimo’s Pizza restaurants in Chicago. The cover states “Bold pies that will change your life…and dinner”, and when I opened the book, I was immediately hungry and pleasantly surprised of all the delicious ideas. You will be too.
Just take a look at some of the flavor combinations from Revolutionary Pizza:
- Steak ‘N’ Eggs: Grilled flank steak, home fries, seasoned scrambled eggs, cheese and hot sauce
- Pumpkin Pie: Spiced Pumpkin Custard, marshmallows, pecans
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken: hot and spicy jerk-marinated chicken, bell pepper, onion, cream sauce, pineapple chunks
- Vindaloo: Cubed and marinated pork shoulder in pretty darned authentic vindaloo sauce, mozzarella, cilantro
- Elotes: Grilled and blistered corn (removed from cob after grilling), cilantro-lime sauce, cotija cheese